Say it loud, “I’m black and I’m proud!” Love this Bantu woman, she is just everything.
What is fundamentally beautiful is compassion for yourself and for those around you. That kind of beauty enflames the heart and enchants the soul.Lupita Nyong’o
During the whole of a dull, dark, and soundless day in the autumn of the year, when the clouds hung oppressively low in the heavens, I had been passing alone, on horseback, through a singularly dreary tract of country; and at length found myself, as the shades of the evening drew on, within view of the melancholy House of Usher.The Fall of The House of Usher
1. Last year Kevin Spacey lost the Emmy because voters were probably afraid to openly support Netflix; this year he will win because they are afraid to openly oppose him.
2. “To improve is to change, to perfect is to change often.” -Winston Churchill
3. Ruthlessness makes power look sexy and money seemingly irrelevant.
4. “The heart can choke the mind when all its blood flows back unto itself.” -Francis Underwood
5. In a marriage sex and love are not co-dependent neither are they mutually exclusive; they are more symbiotic - as strong as the one you work on more and as weak as the one you value the least.
6. “Cry ‘Havoc,’” said he who fought chaos with chaos, “and let slip the dogs of war.” - Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare
7. Democracy is indeed ‘so overrated’.
8. At what point does being groomed into a threesome with your boss and his wife become an act of loyalty? Ask Meechum.
9. Pragmatism; it’ll get you what you want if you let go of sentiment, feelings of guilt and empathy.
10. “We all must make sacrifices to achieve our dreams, but sometimes we must sacrifice ourselves for the greater good.” -Francis Underwood
For those of us climbing to the top of the food chain, there can be no mercy. There is but one rule: hunt or be huntedFrancis Underwood